9.20.2015

D.I.Y Russian Stacking Dolls

Back in February I got my bedroom decorated kindly by my Dad and recently I finally I got round to thinking about what finishing touches I wanted adding; photographs/prints, ornaments and bit's of storage. The other day I glimpsed at my Russian stacking dolls which got me thinking that that they looked a little worse for wear due to sun fading their colour.

This is what my dolls looked like before I painted them up:

I started off by searching Google images for a photo of Russian stacking dolls, I was lucky enough to find an image that was pretty much identical to the design on mine. I then used paints (I used some ceramic paints that I had, I am aware that my dolls are not ceramic aha) to decorate them. I did have to put a few coats on them as the paints didn't go on perfect because the Russian Dolls were glossy.

And this is what they looked like after:

I don't think I did too bad a job to say I don't have the steadiest of hands.

What do you think? Do you have Russian Stacking Dolls?

thanks for reading
love from
Katie
x

Post a Comment

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Marie. Design by Fearne.