1.09.2017

My Etsy Shop

Hello lovelies, I hope you're all well! On Friday I finally plucked up the courage to do something that scared me because life is too short to stay in your comfort zone forever. I only went and opened my Etsy shop back up selling A5 prints of my illustrations.
It's something I've thought about doing for some time but, the constant self doubt I have with anything I do put me off. Recently, I've been thinking well you won't know if things will fail or work out until you actually try first. 

I created all the illustrations by first off drawing them with of course a pencil, then I scan them into the computer and fine tune & clean bits of my drawing. For the Frida Kahlo illustration the colour was added using the magic of Photoshop. 

My first print is of Audrey Hepburn, I decided to draw her as she's one of my favourite actresses and she's such an iconic actress
The next print I have in my shop is Twiggy because she is one of my favourite Sixties icons.
Last but, not least is Frida Kahlo because she was damn good artistand she was so fun to draw!
After, getting my illustrations printed professionally by Awesome Merch, I then got onto the exciting part of picking out packaging and deciding just how I wanted my packaging to look. Of course I browsed for ages on Etsy looking at lots of pretty washi tape and stickers. I bought some brown brown paper bags and added why spots to them using the end of a brush and white paint. I love the way the copper tape looked on the brown paper bags when I package everything up!
Here are the links for the places I got all my different pieces for my packaging
Both rolls of pretty washi tape both come from SandRBits Etsy shop
Please Do Not Bend stickers from Azmari Etsy shop
Brown Paper Bags from Eco Craft
Polyprop Self Seal Bag (to protect the prints) from Eco Craft
Hard Board Backed Envelopes from o.d.l Packaging on ebay 
Round Stickers with my logo on printed by Printed
I would love it if you could check my Etsy shop out and let me know what you think
https://www.etsy.com/uk/shop/KLennonIllustrations


I am currently working on some new ideas to hopefully sell as prints at some point in the near future.


Is there anybody you would like to see me draw?

Thank you for reading!
Love from
Katie
xx

8 comments

  1. Congratulation, Katie! Your little shop is soso cute xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you so much Emma! I'm so glad you like it!xx

      Delete
  2. The packaging is adorable, I can't wait to get my hands on one! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ahh I'm so glad you think so Amy! aw I can't wait to send you one! x

      Delete
  3. Aw, I know it sounds weird as I don't know you but I'm proud of you! It's never easy to put yourself out there and step out of your comfort zone! Good luck :) (btw - LOVE your illustrations) x

    mia // https://okaaythen.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. aww that's so kind of you! It isn't at all, I really struggle to step out of my control which is so frustrating! Thank you so much lovely! I'm so glad you like them xx

      Delete
  4. You do an amazing job! I would love to buy some of your products. I recommend looking into finding some help with promoting and advertising your products, though. It's usually not very expensive, and it will save you so much time, not to mention it will help your business out tremendously. With you talent and their help you're set for success.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry I've only just seen your comment. Thank you so much lovely! Yes, that really would help I don't have money at the moment but, once I do I will definitely get some help then. Thank you for the advice and for being so kind! x

    ReplyDelete

Latest Instagrams

© Katie Marie. Design by Fearne.